Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Catching up.....

On Monday we caught up with some old friends from Aston Marina.

They drove over to us in Bolly, bringing with them  a lovely bunch of flowers for the lovely Elaine ...

We went across the road to the Spinners.  I am pleased to say we are now on first name terms with the bar staff....we are officially locals!


Sammie tongued his old friends ...

Me and Roly at the business end ...

Joan, Bev and Duane ... two of them were drinking tea!! 

Afterwards they all came back to the cottage for nibbles.  It was great to catch up with them all.


The snow has just about all gone around Bolly.  I was walking the dogs the other day, treading carefully so as not to slip on the ice when I came across this old biddy's house, who had put about a truck load of grit outside her house to melt the half inch of snow!  I skidded on the grit and nearly went arse over tit!  In the process I ripped the sole off of my u-beaut  boots that I bought in Spain!!  I am pleased to say that a cobbler has reattached the sole so they will live on!

We are both off to London this Sunday to have a look around some medical museum that El wants to see ... then hopefully catch up with Elaine's sis and bro in law.  We are very much looking forward to that, we do love our London trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment