Saturday, May 16, 2015

New Summer Wardrobe

As summer is here I thought it about time to buy a new wardrobe.

As we are now on a limited income, where better a place to go shopping than the charity shops in Alderley Edge!

The village of Alderley Edge sits below the woods of the edge national park, so we had a walk through there first ...





We arrived at the village and I squeezed the little C3 between a Maserati and Ranger Rover Overfinch.

Robbie Savage was having a coffee in one of the cafes but by the time I got the camera out he ran away!  I just managed to get a pic of the back of his head!

This was my choice of the flash motors on display ...

Nearly forgot....the shopping!

So, I bought 3 shirts, 3 T shirts, 1 pair of boat shoes and a hat for the princely sum of £40.00.

Mum bought a top for Elaine,

I had been looking at new boat shoes and they were all around the £60.00-£100.00 mark, so when I spotted a pair for £12.00 that were virtually new and were the right size I grabbed them.

When we got back to base I checked out how much the Mephisto boat shoes were.......crikey, between £280.00 and £329.00 a pair!

All we need now is for the sun to come out so I can wear the new designer gear!

Alderley Edge really is a great place for checking out the nicer things in life and the charity shops are without a doubt the best we have seen in the UK.

For the narrowboaters, you can get a bus to Alderley Edge from Macclesfield or even Bollington!

No comments:

Post a Comment