Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Its The Little Things.

Elaine had a couple of little gifts yesterday from people who she has never met.

It touched both her and me deeply.

The first was a lovely postcard from a person who has been reading the blog from its inception, they are housebound and thanked us for letting them join us on out adventures through the blog, they also wished Elaine all the best at this difficult time.

Thank you so much she loved reading it.

The second was a lovely silver crucifix sent to Elaine from a friend of my sisters, Elaine loves it and thanks you so much.

The third little gift was a little hand carved cross given to her by the hospice chaplain. Its made to sit in your hand, which it did all day yesterday in Elaine's

I would have to say that I am not religious, but the chaplain lady has brought a lot of comfort to Elaine and has been a great help to me and will do so in the future. She is a lovely lady.   

 I stayed up the hospice till about 18.30 last night, I popped into the local for my nightly pint which ended up being two.
 I got talking to one of the locals who I have been on hello terms with and we had a long chat on why I am there virtually every night like Nigel no friends. Once I told him what was going on he was offering me his spare car....An Audi A8!! Did I need a laptop as Im always sitting on the phone in the pub catching up on emails and messages.
 He asked me to come and join his friends which was nice, but I told him I quite enjoy just sitting on my own with the doggies and contemplating life etc.

As I left Chris and Steve off of NB AmyJo were just popping in the pub, they were moored up above the pub on Gurnett Aqueduct.

It would have been rude not to join them for another couple of beers, we had a nice little catch up.

I finally got home to make dinner at 23.00! 

I also found out a couple of days ago that my dear old mother has been in hospital for over a week with a heart infection and is going to be in there for a long time to come, I think my family didn't want to burden me with more worries.  I have five brothers and sisters so she will have plenty of visitors. There is no way I can leave Elaine at this time.

Still waiting for the result on Bombo's lump that he had removed, but Im very confident on good news on that one.




4 comments:

  1. It's great to know that there are still some caring people around which this post is full of, restores some belief! Its also got something to do with you both, being lovely peeps too! Love to you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your updates Paul, you write so openly and honestly,you have quite a talent 😊.Todays blog was special to read, thanks for sharing, Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete