Monday, November 28, 2016

Off To Seville







Life has been good in Mojacar, it's a very chilled place both relaxing and temperature wise at the moment.

It was the annual PAWS Christmas market, PAWS is the local animal charity, run predominantly by English and other European immigrants to Spain. Animal welfare isn't a priority to the average Spaniard !

We went to the market this time last year and the year before, and it was really hot, this year it was a touch on the chilly side, we seem to be going through quite a long cold spell, not UK cold but cold nonetheless.   

Its a nice little market selling all sorts of old tat arts and crafts.


I hate just letting the motorhome sit idle so I thought I would go on a little road trip. I got her ready on Sunday, then drove down to the  Mojacar seafront, where I parked up opposite my local. That way I can make a reasonable early start, plus watch Man Utd play, have a few beers and get a pizza delivered to the pub, it went well apart from the Man Utd result!

I decided at the last minute that I would head off to Seville, I have been before, about two and half years ago with the lovely Elaine in our last motorhome.
Its about a 5-6 hour drive in the motorhome. It is a bit trickier on your own especially when you get into the city traffic. I miss my co-pilot giving me the all clear on her side, the dogs are crap and just sleep.  I just have to check a few times before making a manoeuvre!

I parked up in a great spot just across the river from the old part of the city, we have water and 240v so it's all good. 

It was getting quite late so I took the doggies for a walk over the river and had a quick look around. 

It is such a lovely city, and thankfully not too hectic. 




Tomorrow I will go for a good explore, the weather forecast is for a pleasant and sunny 20 degree day.


No comments:

Post a Comment