Thursday, August 3, 2017

Horsing Around And Having A Grope.

Firstly many thanks to Kevin Too who answered my call and is letting me park up the Jag at his place whilst I help boater Ray from NB Ferndale take his boat up the tidal Trent to Sawley.

Saturday was my niece  Kimberleys engagement party to her boyfriend Chris, it all went very well and it was good to catch up with family and friends.



After the engagement party it
 was back to Napton for a couple of days, I did a lot of walking around the area, there are some fantastic examples of ridge and furrow fields, these fields date back to the middle ages, the ridges and furrows were caused by the way the field was ploughed. 


 I also popped down to Braunston which was very close and caught up with Dot and Gordon off of NB Ewn Ha Cul.

 Whilst grabbing a chinky takeaway in Southam I took a pic of the church as it looked quite spectacular in the evening light. 

Tuesday was the start of our six days at Stoneleigh to watch niece Kimberley and her friend Tiff compete at the Trailblazers showjumping championship.

My sister lent us her caravan which is acting as the mothership plus we had a couple of large tents, I'm sleeping in the 6 berth caravan on my own with the doggies!

Setting up the site.

Site complete. 

Tiff had a moment yesterday and came off the horse on the last jump, but didn't hit the deck until over the line so a good result. 


Kimberley had a good round and finished well up the field. 

Winners are grinners. 

Today both girls went well but knocked a couple of poles off so are out of the running. 

They do look funny when they walk the course before they go jumping.

Kimmy flew found the field but went through one jump rather than over it so that was her done for the day.






A very funny thing happened this morning, I walked up to the arena and walked up behind a girl who I thought was Kimberley, I put my arms around her and gave her a big hug whilst saying hello gorgeous in her ear......It wasnt Kimberley! 

Im currently on remand in Coventry nick.

XXXXX 

No comments:

Post a Comment